NO CONSIDERATION OF ADVERSE IMPACTS
OF INVESTMENT DECISIONS ON SUSTAINABILITY FACTORS
In compliance with art. 4 para. 1b, para. 2 of The Sustainable Financial Disclosure Regulation in connection with art.12 of the Delegated Regulation (EU) 2022/1288, we provide the following information:
- Investment decisions can have adverse effects on the environment (e.g. climate, water, biodiversity), on social and labour issues, and can also be detrimental to the fight against corruption and bribery.
- In principle, we have a fundamental interest in fulfilling our responsibility as a financial services provider and in helping to avoid such effects in the context of our investment decisions. However, in light of current facts, the implementation of the legal requirements specified for this purpose is only possible – if at all – with a great deal of effort due to the existing bureaucratic framework. Therefore, 4L Capital AG does not currently see itself in a position to offer a sustainability concept for the consideration of adverse effects on sustainability factors and to present its implementation in a manner that is comprehensible to the customer.
- To avoid legal prejudice, we are therefore currently prevented from making a public statement to the effect that, and in what way, we take into account adverse impacts on sustainability factors (environmental concerns, etc.) in the context of our investment decisions. We are therefore required to state on our website that we do not take them into account for the time being and until further clarification (art. 4 para. 1 b The Sustainable Financial Disclosure Regulation).
- We expressly declare, however, that this situation does not change our willingness to contribute to a more sustainable, resource-efficient economy with the aim, in particular, of reducing the risks and impacts of climate change and other environmental or social ills.
- As soon as we can implement a workable sustainability framework that is comprehensible to the client and that takes into account adverse impacts on sustainability factors, we will offer this to our clients.
As at: 10.03.2021